The incoming Governor of Anambra state and Guber Candidate of the Zenith Labour Party(ZLP), who was recently honored as the Duke of the Catholic Laity Council of Nigeria, has promised to improve access to basic and curative health, when he assumes office as the Governor of the state.
The Ogidi born businessman cum politician, is working with experts in various fields of medicine to help protect and provide good health care to Ndi Anambra as soon as he resumes office after his successful election in November 6, 2021.
Dr. Okonkwo’s health care plans for Ndi-Anambra will focus majorly on Preventive and primary health care with effective use of National Youth Service Corp doctors for basic care delivery in rural areas.
The ZLP administration under Dr. Obiora Okonkwo will aim for at least, one world-class state-owned or state supported specialist hospital in each senatorial zone (Establish appropriate Boards and Friends of the Hospitals for community, NGOs and private sector participation)
• Revitalize or establish one general hospital in each local government area to coordinate existing public health facilities within the local government
• Promote the reduction in incidence of malaria by public health education and tapping into global malaria programs
• Develop Preventive measures towards communicable diseases including HIV-AIDS, TB
• Work on the Education and dissemination of information to increase awareness of public health strategies including those related to Maternal and Infant Health
• Establish a Health Insurance Scheme for Anambra Residents
• Establish special rebate in all hospitals for the care of the elderly (Over 65? Or 70)
The ZLP Guber Candidate is a man with so much love for his people, no wonder he was honored recently as the Duke of the Catholic Laity Council of Nigeria.